Rules and Regulations for Pupils and Students
Library Resource Center (LRC)
Rules and Regulations for Pupils/Students
This handbook intends to help the pupils/students of Escuela Catolica de San Sebastian in the use of LRC facilities and resources.
As co-worker in the educational development of pupils/students, the ECSS LRC carefully selects, acquires and organizes different kinds of print and non-print materials such as books, periodicals, brochures and clippings to aid the curricular needs offering of the school.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
In line with the vision, mission of ECSS, the LRC commits itself in the development of academic excellence that will help students and faculty become competent and empower them as future leaders of the community.
Escuela Catolica de San Sebastian Library renders services to:
- all duly registered pupils/students of ECSS;
- all administrative officers, faculty members and staff, and;
- all alumni of ECSS
Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
SECTIONS/AREAS in the IMC
Books are charged out and returned in this section.
GENERAL REFERENCE SECTION:
Encyclopedias, Dictionaries, Almanacs, and other books are found in the General Reference Section and those books w/ “R” in their call numbers.
Single or bound periodicals, newspaper and journals are to be read only in the library. For special reasons, a periodical maybe out as per request.
A. USE OF FACILITIES:
- Every student is required to have a library borrower’s card with an ID picture at the center space, except for the ECE pupils.
- All library users are required to leave their bags on the table provided outside the library. They are allowed to bring notebook, paper, pencil or ballpen to be used for their reaserch.
- Books that are not for checking out should be returned on the shelf after use.
- Discussions, meetings, tutorials, faculty and students’ conference as well as working on industrial projects are not allowed in the library.
B. BEHAVIOR IN THE LIBRARY
- SILENCE. Whenever students are in or near the library, they should observe silence. They should not talk nor laugh in front of the place. They should lift their shoes and avoid running inside the library. The librarian may sent out any student who does not observe Rules of Silence.
- Library users should always keep the LRC clean and orderly. Chairs must be silently pushed back against the table after use.
- In order not to annoy the other patrons; activities such as eating and sleeping are strictly prohibited.
- Books and other LRC materials should be handled with care.
- Stealing, hiding books and other LRC properties, tearing pages of books or periodicals are prohibited. These will be dealt with accordingly.
C. STUDENTS RESPONSIBILITIES:
A borrower is held responsible for all books he/she borrowed and should return them on the date scheduled.
Students with library accounts should get a library clearance before taking the final examination.
D. BOOK LOANS:
- Lending of library/borrower’s card or books borrowed are strictly prohibited.
- A student is entitled to borrow three (3) different circulation books anytime for a period of three(3) days. Text books can be borrowed overnight.
- Fiction, home reading books and supplementary books can be borrowed for three (3) days and can be renewed twice.
- General references such as encyclopedias, dictionaries, almanacs, handbooks, atlases, Yearbooks, and other books found in the general reference section are only for library use and for photo copy only.
- Periodicals, single and bound, and all kinds of newspapers are for library use only. For special reason a periodical may be checked out for classroom use or photo copy purposes. The student must present a written request from the teacher.
- Vertical File such as clippings and pamphlets are not for home use. However these could be checked out for photo copy purposes.
- The students are not allowed to borrow books in the LRC one week before the final examination.
E. FINES AND LOSES:
1. Our daily overdue fines:
Fiction General Circulation Textbook
GS P 2.00 P 2.00 P 5.00
HS 2.00 2.00 5.00
2. For lost damaged book, a replacement copy of the same title and content is preferred.
F. BORROWING AND RETURNING PROCEDURE:
How to borrow:
The LRC adopts the open shelf system. Borrowers are free to go directly to the shelves and withdraw books needed.
How to return books:
- Present your library / borrower’s card together with the book/s to the circulation librarian for proper discharging.
- If the book is overdue, pay the fines.
How to renew books:
To renew general circulation books, follow the same procedure for returning and provided that there had been no prior request for the book being renewed.